With WhatsApp finally rolling out the Video calling feature to all its users across all platforms – iOS, Android and Windows platform after the much used Audio calling option launched earlier we can now contact all our near and dear ones directly on WhatsApp with the help of Video calling. The WhatsApp Video calling option was just a matter of time with Google launching their own App “Duo” which made Video calling free to all competing directly with the likes of Skype, FaceTime, Viber, Line etc.
Now Facebook has stepped up the competition to its competitors by launching the Video calling feature and is a very strong contender thanks to its strong user base which is more than a Billion strong and growing. To get the latest Video calling feature on WhatsApp for your Android, iOS or Windows phone all you have to do it update your App to the latest update by visiting the respective App Stores. Once you are done follow the below mentioned steps to make Video Calls in WhatsApp.
Steps to make Video Calls on WhatsApp for Android, iOS and Windows devices:
- After updating your WhatsApp application in your iOS, Android or Windows phone, launch the App
- Now tap on any contact with whom you want to make a Video call to launch their chat page or you can directly tap on their profile pic
- If you have tapped on the profile pic you will be getting four options below the Profile picture pop up – Tap on the 3rd Icon which is a Video calling option
- In case you have opened the Chat of your contact tap on the Call icon on the Top right of the Chat page, now select Video Call from the pop up box showing two options
- That is it, the Video call will be placed and all you have to do is wait for the contact to answer the call
Note: The person receiving the call should also be having the latest version of WhatsApp with the Video calling feature
You will be getting a picture-in-picture Video as seen in most Video calling Apps. You will be getting the option to change the Camera (Front or Rear), Message and Mute option. If the call is declined or unanswered by the other person you will get the options – Cancel, Call Again and Record Voice message.
Make sure that you have a stable Internet connection be it mobile data or Wifi to get smooth and good quality Video.