With the latest Windows 10 OS being updated to almost all the Laptops and Computers running on Windows, the number of Windows 10 running devices is on the rise. Microsoft has said good bye to the Windows Explorer and has included their new browser, Microsoft Edge which is the default browser in Windows 10.
With Internet explorer having a pretty bad reputation from years, the company had to kill the browser and bring out a new one to make sure it will be accepted by users. Microsoft Edge surely is a much better Browser compared to Internet explorer but it still has the remnants of Internet explorer in it. For users who are accustomed to browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox would love to have Google Chrome or Firefox as the default Browser in Windows 10.
How to Set Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox in Windows 10 from Default Programs:
In the Search bar type “default program” and click on the Default Program option
In the Default Programs page, click on the first “Set your default programs” option
You will be seeing the list of Default Apps installed on your Laptop or PC, click on Google Chrome option from the list
In the Google Chrome page click on “Set this program as default” and then click on “OK”
There is another process with which you can set or change default browser from Microsoft Edge to Google Chrome or Microsoft Firefox in Windows 10 OS.
How to make Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as Default Browser in Windows 10 in Laptop or PC from Settings:
1. Click on Windows button in the left side bottom of the display and click on Settings option in the list. By holding down the Windows + I keys you can go to Settings option directly.
2. From the Settings lists click on System option which is portrayed by a Laptop icon
3. Under System page, from the left sidebar click on Default Apps
4. Under the Default apps options on the right side scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Web Browser option
5. If the Default Web Browser is selected as Edge, click on the Choose a default option
6. From the Pop up box “Choose an App” select your required Firefox or Google Chrome Browser which will set it as Default browser
These are the two solutions with which you can set Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in Windows 10 OS as default browser. If you want to revert back to Edge or change the default browser to any other Browser you can follow the same steps either using the settings option or the default programs options.