If you are reading this post, you might be owning a OnePlus Two device which was purchased from China, which comes installed with the China-specific Hydrogen OS instead of the Oxygen OS. If you are looking to remove Hydrogen OS and install Oxygen 1.0.0 OS, here is a simple tutorial to do the same. Many users do not like Hydrogen OS because of the number of restrictions and the lack of Google Play Store and other apps which are restricted by the Government.
Steps to follow before starting Installation of Oxygen OS:
Back up all your data present on your device like SMS, Call Log, Apps, Photos, Audio files and Videos. There are certain apps which can help in backing up your Apps, SMS and Call Logs, but for Photos, Audio and Video files the old fashioned transferring to your system is safer and faster. Make sure that you have a fully charged OnePlus 2 and charger handy if needed.
Steps to Install Oxygen OS by replacing Hydrogen OS in OnePlus 2:
- Click on the following link to download the Oxygen OS 1.0.0 zip file from official site to your computer – Oxygen OS zip file
- After downloading the file, without extracting it connect your OnePlus 2 smartphone to your Cmoputer and transfer the Oxyzen zip file to the sd card memory of your OnePlus 2.
- Disconnect your device from the computer, now you need to enter Recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume down button along with the power button together.
- After Entering Recovery mode you need to complete the steps of installation. Choose Language -> tap on the Install from sd card option -> scroll through the options and choose Oxygen OS zip file -> tap on Yes when Intalling package option appears. After the firmware is updated you will be asked for a Reboot, tap on Yes.
- Once the installation of the update starts, it takes around 3-5 minutes to update and your device will be rebooted once again. You will now be greeted by the new Oxygen OS and you have to go through the instructions appearing on the screen and complete the initial setup procedure.
And now you can enjoy the full potential of your OnePlus Two with the Oxygen OS and install applications from Play Store and also access other applications which were restricted on Hydrogen OS. You will notice that your device is faster and does not lag as earlier with the Hydrogen OS.