Google had announced that Android P Beta will be available for many new devices and not just the Pixel series as earlier, the surprising one in the list was Nokia 7 Plus which is an Android One smartphone. If you are someone using a Nokia 7 Plus, you can experience all the features on Android P by installing the Android P Beta by manually flashing the build. On Pixel devices, you will be getting the Android P beta via OTA or Over the Air update.
Android P comes with some impressive new features like Navigation gestures, Adaptive Battery, AI-powered App actions, background restrictions etc.
So let us see how you can manually flash Android P Beta build on your Nokia 7 Plus device.
What do you require to Manually flash Android P Beta on Nokia 7 Plus:
- Nokia 7 Plus device
- Nokia 7 Plus Android P Beta Developer ROM – 1.1GB in size and includes Android security patch for May 2018
- Android zip file (mac) or ABD Software (Windows)
Steps to Manually flash Android P Beta on Nokia 7 Plus:
- Go to Nokia Developer Page and sign in with any one of the following accounts – Nokia, Google Account or Facebook account.
- You need to enter your phones IMEI number, operator and Country and register the device
- You will be getting the validation once Nokia confirms your details
- you will be seein the options – Install Manually, select that and scroll down to tick the check box and click download to start downloading the zip file on your device.
- Now Enable the USB debugging option
- Launch command prompt and type “fastboot devices” and check if the device is detected by the system (connect your device to your system)
- Go to command prompt and type “adb reboot recovery” (if it doest not work, you need to boot the phone in recovery mode for this long press the Volume up and Power button for 10 seconds and release both keys when the device vibrates)
- If you have not reset your phone using phones menu you will beed to wipe all user data via Recovery menu
- In Bootloader menu select the Recovery option and you will be in “Recovery Mode” where you can see Android logo with a red exclamation mark
- Now Hold the Power button and press Volume Up once, you will be seeing a Menu, select “Apply update from ABD“
- Run abd devices command and check to confirm whether your device displays “sideload“
- Now you need to run the following command: adb sideload ota_file.zip – where “ota_file.zip” is the name of the downloaded file
- You need to Reboot your device once the Reboot is finished by selecting “Reboot System now“
- It will take 10 minutes to boot your device with the latest Android P Beta update on your Nokia 7 Plus
Make sure that your phone is fully charged with more than 70% of the battery life. Do not use your device while the flashing process is under process.
Note: It is solely your responsibility if something goes wrong and if any damage is caused to your device.