Xiaomi ventured into the tablet segment with their first tablet device the Mi Pad which entered India last year with a price tag of Rs. 12,999. The Mi Pad comes with a 7.9-inch display with resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels at 326 ppi with 4:3 aspect ratio. Xiaomi has recently revealed a list of devices which will be receiving the latest MIUI 8 update and Mi Pad was found missing from the list. It is powered by a 2.2GHz NVIDIA Tegra K! processor with 192-core Kepler GPU
If you are one of the users of Mi Pad and were looking forward to the MIUI 8 update and disappointed that it did not make it, worry not as we now have a method with which the Mi Pad can be updated to the latest MIUI 8. Check out the list of MIUI 8 supported devices.
Steps to update Xiaomi MiPad to MIUI8:
Note: Make sure to back up all your important data – photos, videos, notes, contacts etc. Have the MiPad fully charged before initiating the process. If not done properly it might lead to loss of data and hence backing up is a must.
- Download the MIUI 8 ROM file for MiPad from the miui official website to your laptop or PC – MIUI 8
- Create a new folder on your desktop in your Laptop or PC and name it as update.zip
- Transfer the MIUI 8 file to this folder
- Connect your MiPad to your Laptop or PC and open the Internal Storage of your device which is the root folder and paste the the update.zip folder into it
- Go to update App in your MiPad and open it
- Here tap on “Choose update package” tap on the ‘update.zip’ folder form the list and the installation process will start
- Wait for the installation process to be completed and reboot your device once done which will complete the installation process for the MIUI 8 ROM in your MiPad
Now you can enjoy the features of MIUI 8 on your MiPad like the Energy saving mode, new Notes application, many new Gallery features, multi window management, etc. But you have to note that the Android version which is Kitkat 4.4 will not be updated or changed and the MiPad will still be running on the same version.