Xiaomi recently rolled out the MIUI 6 update for its devices out of which MI 4 was the first to get the update and the UI looks more similar to Apple iOS 7 in the simple and flat user interface. And if you are in love with the user interface of the MIUI 6 and are not owning one of the Xiaomi devices and want to get the MIUI 6 on your android device here are some simple tricks to get it.
You will not be getting this MIUI Express Launcher in Google Play Store but you can install the launcher using APK files.
- Click on link to Download APK file for MIUI Express Launcher version 2.2.0
- Download the Express launcher from the given link below either onto your PC or directly on your Android device in which you want the MIUI 6 interface.
- If you did it on your PC or Laptop transfer the file onto your device or if it is on your device go to the Files section -> Downloads and locate the file and double tap on it to start the installation of the Launcher.
- After the installation is completed, tap on the icon of the MIUI Express Launcher.
- Go through the steps and activate this as the default launcher on your device and you can get the MIUI 6 interface.
The MIUI 6 interface is a great additive to devices running on Android Kitkat 4.4, the Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4 devices run on Android Kitkat 4.4 out of the box but have the MIUI 6 skin over it and that is what will be happening to your android device when you sue this Launcher.
Recommended Xiaomi Tips: How to back up and Restore Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4
The launcher has its own icons for some apps too and all the basic apps like Phone, messages, mail etc have the custom MIUI 6 apps icons. Install the APK file launcher and enjoy MIUI 6 appearance on your Android device be it Samsung, LG, Sony, Micromax, Moto, Lenovo, Gionee etc you can install it on all devices running on Android 4.3 or later operating systems.