Windows users are facing an Error while trying to update their device to the latest Windows software. This Error is being seen by users while checking for update with the message ‘We are currently unable to check for updates (80072f8f)’.
This update is seen in all Windows running devices in the Lumia series like Lumia 1020, 920, 720, 1320 and other devices. This Error is seen when the user is checking for updates in their device for any new Software update by Windows.
There is a simple solution to this Error 80072f8f which is caused by the change in date and time of the device. The date and time of the device should match with the date and time of the country from which it was purchased from. In case you have got the device from another country and the time has been changed this error is being seen.
How to Solve or Fix “We are currently unable to check for updates (80072f8f)”
To fix the update error in windows phones the date and time should be corrected which will most probably be set automatically by your mobile operator. You have to follow these steps to change date and time in Windows phones.
If you are trying to update your device by connecting it to your Laptop or PC, you have to disconnect it before following the below given steps.
- From your start page slide the screen left to get to the App list page.
- Scroll down and tap on the Settings icon
- Now in the list tap on Date+Time
- Here you can see that it is selected as Set Automatically, you have to tap on it and Turn off the Set Automatically option.
- Now you can manually set the Date and Time according to the Time Zone in which the phone was purchased from.
- Now you can either try to search for updates over the air or connect your device to your Laptop or PC and try to get updates.
This should solve the problem with the update Error 80072f8f in your windows phones which is being seen commonly these days and being reported by many users.