With updates available for Windows Phones there is an error which is being faced by many users with Nokia Lumia 720, 820, 920, 1020 and other devices while checking for Windows Updates. The Error which is being seen while checking for update is Error 80072f8f which is seen as in the image below. We are currently unable to check for updates (80072f8f).
This error has a very simple solution which is seen in devices which are having wrong time when compared to the Windows update or Network time. So let me show you How to Solve or Fix Error 80072f8f which is seen while checking for update on Windows Phone.
Note: If you are trying to update by connecting you your Laptop / PC you have to disconnect the device before following the steps mentioned below.
- Check the Date & Time on your Windows phone and when the time differs form the correct time the error is seen
- So we have to change and set the correct time or turn Automatic Date and Time On.
- Tap on Start, and on the Home screen flick left to get the Apps list, then tap on the Settings icon.
- Scroll through the list of options and Tap on Date+time.
- You will find Set Automatically option which should be Turned off.
- Now with the help of manual options set the correct Time zone, Date and Time.
- And Save the Time Settings.
- Now go back to the Home Screen and Check for Update once again and the Error will be solved, but if you are trying to Update your device by connecting to Laptop or PC you have to do so only after saving the Time settings.
There are other Errors which were solved and you can check the fixes here:
- How to Fix Error 805a0193
- How to Fix Error Code 80C805E2
- How to Fix Error Code 85010014
This was the most useful and simplest solution which we have found for Error 80072f8f and if you have found any better and useful solution for this Error or solutions for other Windows Errors do mention in Comments section so that we can find the solutions and post them here.