When you are going to make an important call or searching for a contact in your Android device, you might face an Error “Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped” which is quite annoying at times closing the Phone App when it was most needed. The exact reason for this error is not clear but it is related to the cache and data stored in phone leading to this Error in the Phone App to close.
Not only the stock Contacts or Phone app but also the custom Apps such as Infinix Hot has been facing this error for many users who have this error. The most common solution to this Error is to clear the cache and data of Contacts App which has helped in most cases and we will be showing you how to do it in detail. The error has been most commonly reported in Samsung devices.
How to Fix Unfortunately Contacts has stopped Error:
- Go to Settings
- Under Settings scroll to Applications and tap on Applications Manager or Apps
- Tap on the All tab to access all the Apps in the device
- From the list tap on Contacts
- Now tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data (this will delete the call log in your device, so make sure to note down any numbers not in your contacts which you do not want to loose)
- You need to change the Date and Time of your device as well, for that Go back to Settings
- Tap in Date and Time and Change Format
The other reason for the Error is because of the Google Plus and Phone contacts Sync which is leading to the problem along with the stored Voice mails. To fix the problem arising from Google Plus you need to follow the following steps.
- Go to Google+ App
- Tap on Account settings
- Tap on Contacts
- Tap on “Keep contacts up to date”
- It is also recommended to delete any stored Voice mails in Google+
For users who are facing the Error while using with Stock Phone App, the best option is to uninstall the App and install the Simpler contacts App which has given a permanent solution to this problem. So instead of using the stock Phone App, using other apps worked best. If you have found any easier solutions to this problem make sure to comment the solution which will be added with credits to help other users to fix the Unfortunately Contacts has stopped error.