Snapchat is one of the most unique social networking sites on the internet which allows users to share messages, pictures, and videos on a temporary basis and not let them stick around on the world wide web for anyone to see at a point of time. This has attracted many users to this application and many other apps such as Instagram and Facebook have copied similar disappearing messages and videos with features like Stories etc.
There are many users who have asked me, how to delete Snapchat account due to many reasons and after a few days of deleting the account asked on how to reactive Snapchat Account. As with the snappy and fast nature of the app to share and the disappearing videos, messages etc, the application has made it easy to delete your Snapchat account and reactivate the application on Android and iOS devices.
Note: To Delete the account, you cannot do it through the application but have to use the browser and go to the website to deactivate or delete the Snapchat account.
Steps to Delete or Deactivate Snapchat account on any Android and iOS / iPhone devices:
As the Snapchat account is the same irrespective of being on iPhone / iOS or Android device, to delete your Snapchat account the user needs to visit the official website to delete it. Follow the steps below to Deactivate or Delete Snapchat account on your Android or iPhone device.
- Go to – https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account from any browser on your smartphone, PC or Laptop
- Log in to your Account which you want to delete by entering the Username and Password (check the box to confirm you are not a robot before you click on Log in)
- It will ask you to enter you Username and Password for a second time, to confirm that it is really you
- You can see the option “Delete my account” at the bottom of the page, tap on it
- Go to – Snapchat.com on any browser on your smartphone or PC / Laptop
- You need to scroll to the bottom of the page and click or tap on “Support” which can be seen under the “Company” section
- Now from the options select – Learning basics
- Go to Account Settings
- From the list of settings, Select “Delete an Account“
Now you will have to follow the steps mentioned in Method 1 to complete the process
You have now successfully deleted or deactivated your Snapchat account for your iPhone or Android device.
How to Reactivate Snapchat Account for Android or iPhone:
Note: If you want to reactivate your Snapchat account you have to do it before 30 days of deactivating it. As Snapchat keeps your account data for 30 days before permanently deleting it.
Snapchat is fast and snappy as its name suggests in everything, the same holds with reactivating the account after deleting or deactivating it. Follow the steps mentioned below to reactive your Snapchat account in a few simple steps, which is literally as simple as to log in to your Snapchat account.
- Install or Open the Snapchat app on your Android device, iPhone or iPad
- Now Log in to your account by entering the username and password (of the account which you earlier deactivated/deleted)
- Snapchat will show a pop up asking you if you’d like to Reactivate your Account – Tap on Yes
- You will be getting a pop-up message asking you to “wait for a few moments for your account to reactivate” – tap on OK
- It usually takes quite some time, so it’s better to minimize the application and check for the email which will be sent to the registered email i.d when the account is reactivated.
- After you receive the email you can log in using the old username and password and use your Snapchat account as earlier.
If you are not able to reactivate your account, it can be due to the following reasons – you entered the wrong username or password, the other reason can be you have crossed 30 days which will result in permanent deactivation of your Snapchat account which cannot be retrieved again.