The Do Not Disturb feature has been added to Android devices from the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update which lets users turn off all the notifications which you feel are not important. In Android M the feature can be accessed through notifications, but with Android N the Do Not Disturb has been added to Volume controls. With the new feature in Android N users can add this option to Volume control.
This feature was added to Android 6 along with Quick Settings in Notifications shade. Accessing the feature through Notifications is quite useful as Notifications can be accessed from anywhere in your Android devices. But if you want to access the Do Not Disturb feature in Volume control toggle, follow the below given steps.
How to add Do Not Disturb to Volume toggle in Android N:
The option to add Do Not Disturb option in Volume toggle is not available as a default but needs to be added via System UI Tuner which is hidden away for direct access and can be accessed by following the steps mentioned below –
- Enable Developer Options in your Android device – Tap on Settings -> About device / phone or tablet -> tap on “build number” 7 times -> developers option is now activated
- Now to add the option, pull down the Notification bar all the way down to see all the Quick settings
- Tap on the gear icon and hold it until the System UI Tuner is enabled.
- Now go to System settings and then tap on System UI Tuner and then tap on Do Not Disturb option
- Here you will be seeing the option to turn on Volume controls toggle – tap on Show with volume controls toggle
This option will help in accessing the Do Not Disturb option directly in the Volume toggle. To access it you can press the volume up or down option from anywhere in your Android device which will be showing the “Do Not Disturb” toggle option to turn it on of off whenever required.