WhatsApp calling is the latest feature which has everyone happy with the popular messaging app including it and this was brought to all users with the help of an update WhatsApp 2.11.561. Users who were not getting the WhatApp calling feature was due to the fact that the app was just updated from the older version and not replaced with the new version.
First check that your WhatsApp version is 2.11.561 and not 2.11.560 which does not support the calling feature. Here you should download WhatsApp version 2.11.561 APK file from the link given below.
Update on 26th March 2015:
There has been an update from WhatsApp recently and the invites for the Calling option have been activated again with the latest version which is WhatsApp 2.12.14 which you can download from their website – WhatsApp 2.12.14 and follow the same steps given below to activate the feature.
Note: To get the feature activated and running you need to get a call from a user who has the feature already activated.
Updated on 16th March 2015:
WhatsApp latest Version 2.12.7 has been released and you can download the apk file by clicking on the link – WhatsApp 2.12.7
You can also follow this post for downloading and installing WhatsApp version 2.12.7 to activate calling feature
WhatsApp version 2.11.561 Download
After downloading the APK file on your system or laptop you have to transfer the file to your smartphone or tablet which has to be installed manually. If you have installed any apps using APK files you can proceed with the installation but if you do not know the process follow the below given steps to let your device allow installations.
- Go to settings and then into Security settings.
- Now select Administrator settings and select “Allow Apps from unknown sources” which will now let you install the app from APK file.
- After doing this you have to now tap on the APK file which you have transferred to your device from the files section and tap on the Install option. This will now replace the current version of WhatsApp on your device and the data like messages groups, photos will be restored back to the new version.
- Now Go to Settings and then go to Application Manager and then tap on the WhatsApp application
- Here you will get the option of “Force Stop” the Application which should be done and the app will be stopped.
- Now you have to ask any of your friends who have the WhatsApp calling feature activated to call you which will activate the new calling feature on your device. This step of getting a call from another Whatsapp account to activate your calling feature is a very strange step but has to be done to complete the process.
- Now you have the WhatsApp calling feature activated on your device and you can now make calls using your mobile internet or WiFi letting you make free calls to anyone and everyone having the feature.
There have been some users who did not get the calling feature activated even after the installation of the WhatsApp 2.11.561 version, there has been a solution for this too:
Installing the 2.11.560 version on your Android device after installation of the 2.11.561 version seems to be working to get the calling feature. Do try it out and let us know if you are facing any problem with the steps.
If you want to get a call for WhatsApp activation do comment below and we will give you a call to help you activate your calling feature without showing your phone number to public.