In the Era of Computers and AI, the one thing which everyone fears is the constant surveillance by others using your PC, Laptop or smartphones. One such feature in Windows 10 is the Location Tracking being turned on by Default. This allows Windows and other apps which have the permissions, to keep track of your location constantly. This can be useful in certain situation like, when you are searching for some good hotels, restaurants in the surrounding areas or while using Maps, but it also make you vulnerable to other who might want to know your location at any point of time.
Luckily there is an option to turn off Location Tracking in Windows 10 by following few simple steps.
Steps to Turn Off or Disable Location Tracking in Windows 10:
Having your Location Tracking turned on helps Windows to keep track of your Location at all times and send the location details to certain App like Maps, Weather App (which shows the weather based on your location), nearby restaurants, hotels etc. If you want to turn off Location Tracking in Windows 10 follow the below mentioned steps to do so:
- Click on the Start button (Windows logo) on the bottom left corner of the display
- Now tap on the Gear Icon to enter Settings
- In the Settings Page you can see Privacy option with a Lock icon, Click on it to enter Privacy settings
- Here in the Side menu you can see Location option, click on it and you will be seeing the button “Change” click on it
- You will get a pop up box giving the option to Turn Off the location of the device, click on the toggle option to Turn i Off
- Now you have successfully turned Off Location Tracking for your Windows 10 Laptop or PC
This is the Simple procedure to Turn Off Location Tracking on your Windows 10 Laptop or PC. If you wish to turn on Location service back you can follow the same steps as above to do so. You can also turn On Location tracking for specific applications only, we will be explaining the same in the next post.