Blackberry is going to release a smartphone with a slight little twist as it will be sporting a 4.5 inch square display which is quite different and in my view along with the qwerty keypad which every blackberry fan loves is a great device and with the specifications which are at offer it an amazing package at offer by Blackberry.
The Blackberry Passport comes with a 4.5″ square display with 1440 x 1440 pixels resolution having a ppi of 453 which is pretty impressive and the display is going to be amazing if we compare to all the top end smartphones available in the market. It also comes with 3GB of RAM and having a 13MP rear camera with video recording at 60fps.It also has a Snapdragon 800 processor along with Adreno 330 GPU.
Specifications and Features of Blackberry Passport:
- 4.5” display with 1440 x 1440 pixels resolution at 453 PPI
- 10-point multi-touch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974-AA) processor with 450MHz Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 13MP Auto-Focus rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization and LED Flash 1080p HD video recording at 60fps
- 2MP front-facing camera having 720p HD video recording and Image Stabilization
- dimensions: 128 x 90.3 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 194.4g
- 32GB internal memory, Expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, SlimPort, NFC, GPS + GLONASS
- 3450mAh integrated non-removable battery
With the ppi and the square display along with the trademark Qwerty keypad which has a capacitive touch pad and added to this on top of the keypad users can scroll, move cursors and do much more by swiping around on top of the physical keys. The device will be launched in September is what sources from Blackberry are saying and the device will be available in two colors – Black and White.
The device actually looks very nice and the details of the pricing and the exact release date are not yet announced, but it is a unique device from Blackberry and hope this revives the company back to its hay day as we are seeing that many companies without Android OS as stock are making a comeback and occupying the top positions in the smartphone market. The pricing of the device will be known next month.