Blackberry is trying to adapt to the changing trends and have been working on three Android smartphones – Argon, Neon and Mercury which were reported earlier but there is another device which has been spotted, the Neon DTEK50 which is missing the trademark BlackBerry keyboard and is a full touch device. Along with the Android OS out of the box the devices will be other Blackberry services and features like BlackBerry Hub, DTEK, Password Keeper, BBM, BlackBerry Calendar etc.
The rumored Neon is expected to sport a 5.2-inch Full HD display and powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor with Adreno 405 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 16Gb internal storage expandable using microSD card. If you look at the leaked images the device has an uncanny resemblance to the Alcatel Idol 4 be it the positioning of the buttons or the overall design and the specs too match up. The major difference is the textured back panel with the BB logo on it.
Rumored Specifications of BlackBerry Neon DTEK50:
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with LED Flash along with an 8MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- Battery: 2610mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
The Blackberry Neon sports a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and an 8MP front facing camera. the device is expected to come with a 2610mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 and connectivity features like 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS. With the CEO of BB already announcing about two mid-range devices being launched by the end of this year, with one having a physical keyboard and the other without a keyboard we have to wait and see what BB has to offer with the other model. The official announcements for the two mid range running on Android OS is expected to be around August.